We utilise the principles of the Gatsby Benchmarks. The objectives for the careers programme are as follows:
- helping students to understand the changing world of work
- facilitating meaningful encounters with employers for all students
- supporting positive transitions
- enabling students to develop the research skills to find out about opportunities
- helping students to develop the skills, attitudes, knowledge and qualities to make a successful transition into the world of work and next stage of education
- encouraging participation in continued learning, including further and higher education and apprenticeships
- supporting inclusion, challenging stereotyping and promoting equality of opportunity
- contributing to strategies for raising achievement, particularly by increasing motivation.
We teach to the objectives under the outcomes of:
1. Developing yourself through careers, employability and enterprise education –self-awareness, Self-determination, Self-improvement as a learner
2. Learning about careers and the world of work – Exploring careers and career development, investigating work and working life, understanding business and industry, investigating jobs and labour market information, valuing equality, diversity and inclusion, learning about safe working practices and environments
3. Developing your career management and employability skills – Making the most of careers information, advice and guidance, preparing for employability, showing initiative and enterprise, developing personal financial capability, identifying choices and opportunities, planning and deciding, handling applications and interviews, managing changes and transitions.