It is our vision to be a leading school providing quality education in a caring environment. All children will be encouraged to achieve their full potential and become responsible, independent individuals.
The school has worked hard to develop an exciting and challenging curriculum to ensure that children have a secure grounding in the basic skills whilst also experiencing the breadth of the National Curriculum through a themed and creative approach. At Abbey Gates:
- We will enhance the quality of children’s learning through the effective and efficient delivery of a creative curriculum.
- We will sustain a challenging and professional environment, ensuring enjoyment and excellence.
- We will have consistently high expectations and will meet these with high quality resources and learning strategies.
- We will enhance self-respect and confidence and encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their activities.
- We will work closely with parents and Community, recognising the need for real partnership if we are to maximize children’s development.
- We will continually seek ways to improve every aspect of the school’s work and life.
Addressing Prejudice Related Incidents
This school is opposed to all forms of prejudice and we recognise that children and young people who experience any form of prejudice related discrimination may fair less well in the education system. We provide both our pupils and staff with an awareness of the impact of prejudice in order to prevent any incidents. If incidents still occur we address them immediately and report them to the Local Authority using their guidance material. The Local Authority may provide some support.
We believe that promoting Equality is the whole school’s responsibility. We will ensure that the whole school community is aware of the Single Equality Policy and our published equality information and equality objectives by publishing them on Abbey Gates school website and ensuring access in school.
Breaches to this statement will be dealt with in the same ways that breaches of other school policies are dealt with, as determined by the head teacher and governing body.
Monitor and Review
Every three years, we will review our objectives in relation to any changes in our school profile.