PE & Sports Premium
PE and Sport play a very important part in the life of our school. We believe that Physical Education and Sport contributes to the holistic development of young people and, through participation in Sport and PE, young people learn more about key values, such as co-operation, teamwork, fair play and respect for themselves and others. Furthermore, sport provides a healthy environment for young people to learn how to deal with competition and how to cope with both winning and losing.
We are using the Sport Premium to further improve the quality of our PE provision and extend the opportunities and experiences for our students. We are aiming to improve the physical literacy of all our students and will use the premium to also:
- Increase participation rates in sport and physical activities
- Increase competition in school sport
- Demonstrate the key values of sport and team play
- Make Physical Education more inclusive
- Increase the provision of alternative activities
- Link further with local partners, and
- Make links with PE and other subjects.
We have linked up with the external agencies including Joseph Whitaker which provide:
- Professional development for our PE Subject Coordinator, Teachers and Play Leaders
- Regular development meetings with other schools
- Competitive experiences for our pupils
Please see the attached Sports Premium report below.
Example of school clubs we run include:-
- Cross country